Winter Training Program
30 April to 2 July 2018
Mondays 4.15 to 5.30 pm
Our Winter Training Program Registration is now open in the following disciplines:
- Cross Country for age groups U7 to U17
- Sprints for age groups U9 to U17
You must select your discipline when registering online via this link:
Group numbers will be capped so first registered and paid will secure your membership.
Please note there will be training on the Queen’s Birthday Weekend (11 June 2018).
- 2017/18 T&F Membe $100
- New Subscriptions $158
No uniform is required unless you are competing at the State XC Little Athletics Championship on Sunday 8 July 2018 at West Dapto. Details coming soon via this link:
The Sprint program will include:
- explosive work/block drills
The Cross Country program will include:
- long distance run,
- hills & stairs work, and
- interval training.
Each group in the Cross Country program will rotate between these three events over the course of three weeks.
Athletes will be assigned to groups based on experience and ability as well as taking into consideration the length the athlete is required to run at the Little Athletics State Championship.
Our coaches for the 2018 Cross Country program will be:
- Tom Giles (interval training)
- Nick Corel (distance run)
- Eliza Peirce (hills/stairs)
- Nikita Spalvins (U7s and U8s)
Junior Coaches will be supporting each group.
WINTER PROGRAM SEASON DATES (4.15 to 5.30 pm)
30 April 2018 (time trial for XC group assignment) to
2 July 2018 (last training)
The cost of the XC Program is $100 per child (U7 to U17 only) for 2017/18 T&F members, and $158.00 for new subscriptions. Please note that unless you have been a member of the Mosman Little Athletics Centre for the 2017/18 Track & Field season you must pay $158 which includes the Association’s Annual Fee. There are no family registration discounts. Your registration must be completed before training commences on Monday, 30 April 2018. If you have not registered and paid your child will not be permitted to train on the first training day. Registrations must be done online via this link:
- Centre and Club “Mosman”
- Press Next
- Select the discipline that you wish to register for e.g. Cross Country or Sprints
- Press Next
- Check the “Information Only” box and the box agreeing to abide by the rules and regulations of LANSW
- If you are a new member you will need to complete the next page with the athlete’s details as requested and follow the step by step registration process.
- If you have been a member before you can log in using your child’s username and password. This must be copied and pasted from the email from LANSW otherwise it may not work. If you have misplaced your username and password simply press on the “login” button on the blue bar and you can put in your email address in the Forgot Password option and you will be sent the username and password of your child within a few seconds. Once you are logged in you will be guided through a step by step registration renewal process.
- Secure Payment can be made online.
If you have any problems registering please email the club at email@example.com explaining the problem and we will help you.
2017/18 Track & Field members simply keep the registration number and age patch from this season. All other subscriptions will be provided with a registration number and age patch at our first training on 30 April 2018 at Balmoral Oval once proof of age has been verified. Proof of age (passport or birth certificate) can also be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LANSW STATE CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIP
We would like to encourage all athletes who participate in the XC Program to compete at the Little Athletics State Cross Country Championship. Our Club is keen to have as many teams as possible to compete for the team medals. A team consists of three athletes per age group and gender. Athletes from U7 to U17 are eligible to enter the State Cross Country via self-nomination. All details can be found by clicking on the following link:
CROSS COUNTRY COMPETITION
Ku-ring-gai Little Athletics
Between May and August, KLA conducts a cross country competition at Bannockburn Oval on a Sunday afternoon commencing from 3.15pm. Further information http://klac.org.au/information/winter-cross-country/
Hornsby Little Athletics
A cross country competition every Sunday morning at 10.00am from late April until July at Pennant Hills Oval. Further information http://www.hdlac.org.au/crosscountry.htm
West Met Cross Country
This is a cross-country series in the inner west metro area that has been a staple of the Athletics NSW club scene for some years and is open for Little A’s members. Season starts late March/early April. Races are conducted on a Saturday afternoon and the short distance race (1.5km – 3km) starts at 2pm. Further information http://westmetxcclubs.com.au/wmx_wp/
The MiniMos is a 2km, 5km or 10km fun run held in June and is a great build up for state cross country.
You can enter here http://www.mini-mos.com/