Mosman Athletics Club
Mosman Athletics Club is a fun training-based club for athletes aged over 17, including adults who want to learn some athletics skills and exercise in a group environment. We welcome people of all levels of fitness and athletic ability. Our professional coaches will provide personalised training that’s suitable for all participants. Events currently include sprints, middle distance and long distance. Other events may be offered based on interest.
Where and when
All training is held at Balmoral Oval over summer, between October and April.
Sprints with Rich Frost
- Mondays 7:30pm-8:30pm
- Thursdays 6:30pm to 7:30pm
Middle distance with Tom Giles
- Mondays 7:30pm to 8:30pm
- Thursdays 6:30pm-7:30pm
General training with Nick Walker
- Wednesdays 4:30pm-5:30pm (all ages welcome)
Long runs with Tom Giles
- Sundays 9:00am (all ages welcome)
Monday, Thursday and Sundays: $20 per session.
Wednesdays: $25 per session
Please pay directly to coach. Packages can be pre-paid and negotiated with individual coaches.
As part of Mosman Athletics Club, you may compete at Athletics NSW or Athletics Australia events, though there is absolutely no obligation at all to do so. There are many events held throughout the year.
If you are interested in competing, please note:
- You will need to become a member of Athletics NSW and register online with Mosman Athletics Club. Registration information, along with details of all championships and competitions, can be found at https://www.nswathletics.org.au/get-involved/membership/
- You will need to wear a Mosman Athletics singlet or crop top. These can be purchased online via the link on our Uniforms From 2022/23 season, Mosman Athletics Club senior athletes wear the same uniform as Mosman Little Athletics.
- A registration number will be issued to you by Athletics NSW or Athletics Australia at your first competition of the season. These need to be attached to the back and front of your Mosman Athletics top.
- In some cases, younger athletes (U12 – U17) who are already registered with Mosman Little Athletics may also train with, and represent Mosman Athletics Club in competitions. These athletes also pay $20 per session, and can wear their normal Mosman Little Athletics club uniform at competitions – though will need to add their Athletics NSW or Athletics Australia registration number to their normal uniform.
How to get involved